Some of my best date stories begin with me propped excitedly against a bar, with one eye on the door to see who’s coming in. Some of my weirdest date stories start the same way. Come to think of it, when I was dating pretty much all of my dates began in a bar somewhere in London – ideally with a cocktail and a frisson of pre-shag excitement. So I’m delighted that today I get to offer one of you a night of lovely free drinks, in exchange for your best date story. Here’s how to claim it…
A while ago I did a shoutout on Twitter about advertising, and explained that although I love promoting my favourite sex toy companies, you don’t technically need to be a sex industry business to advertise on my blog. Because people who like sex also like other awesome things too: we are not single-minded automatons.
Felix, who runs the excellent Every Cloud Bar in Hackney (just round the corner from Hackney Central station) took me up on the offer and said that alongside running some ads, he’d also like to offer a nice night out as a competition prize for people who read this blog. And who am I to turn down free drinks on your behalf? It’s a really excellent bar (see review in Londonist if you don’t believe me) and you’ll have an amazing time.
So this is your chance to win a totally free night out at the beautiful Every Cloud Bar sampling some of their delicious cocktails with a friend, a date, or anyone you know who deserves a bit of a treat.
Here’s how to win it…
Tell us your best date story
It might be a date that went superbly well, or something that went hilariously badly. An interesting location, an unusual conversation opener, an embarrassing slip-up or a glorious one-night stand. Just write your story in the comments below, and in two weeks’ time Felix and I will pick the one that most makes us laugh/smile/nod our heads in commiseration, and that person will get a night of fun and delicious cocktails for them and a friend.
When we’ve picked and announced the winner, I’ll publish a blog post with some of the best date stories here too, because it’s fun to share. If you have an amazing date story but you don’t think you’ll be able to claim the prize, feel free to share your story in the comments anyway and just make it clear that it’s not an entry.
Terms and Conditions
- All entrants must be over 18. You don’t need to be resident in the UK but naturally you need to be able to claim your prize from Every Cloud Bar in Hackney, London.
- The winner will be chosen by GOTN + Felix, based on who we think has the most fun date story entered in the comments below.
- Entries must be submitted via comment below this blog post. You do not need to submit under your real name, however you must use an email address that can be used to contact you if you win. Email addresses will not be displayed, or used for any purpose other than administering this competition.
- Entries must be submitted between 18th August 2017 and midday on 31st August 2017. Winner will be chosen after midday (UK time) on 31st August.
- Prize must be claimed before 1st December 2017.
- Prize constitutes one night of free drinks for two people at Every Cloud Bar in Hackney – 11 Morning Lane, Hackney E9 6NU. Every Cloud Bar encourages responsible drinking and dating, and the offer includes low- and no-ABV drinks as well as alcoholic drinks. There is no restriction on the number, although Every Cloud Bar reserves the right to stop serving you alcohol should they feel it is necessary.
- By sharing your story you agree you’re happy for that story to be published on GirlOnTheNet.com, under the name or pseudonym you choose when submitting the comment (this does not have to be a real name, and should you decide you’d like to change the name you have submitted under, just email [email protected] and I can edit it for you).